|Eagle’s Landing Christian Academy
Student Support Services
MERIT Program Description
A. Qualifications for receiving Student Support Services within the
A student must be identified through a multi-faceted evaluation as having a learning difference in the area(s) of reading, written expression, math computation, problem solving, receptive or expressive language. Other areas of learning difference may include, but not limited to, organizational skills, attention problems, hyperactivity, spatial organization, sensory integration, speech and language, processing, social, and fine or gross motor skills.
The student must continue to function within the curriculum requirements for his/her grade level. There is no specialized instruction.
B. Objectives of the Program:
The M.E.R.I.T. personnel will assist the identified student in becoming an active and competent learner in the classroom in the following ways:
- M.E.R.I.T. personnel will work in conjunction with the student’s classroom teachers to develop a learning profile on each student.
- M.E.R.I.T. personnel will develop an intervention plan that compliments the student’s learning profile and outlines the specific interventions that will be made for the student.
- M.E.R.I.T. personnel will communicate regularly with classroom teachers to discuss the student’s progress and continuous needs.
- M.E.R.I.T. personnel will submit regular progress updates to parents.
- M.E.R.I.T. personnel will schedule parent meetings at the beginning of each semester. A mid-semester meeting may be held if deemed necessary by parents, teachers, or M.E.R.I.T. personnel.
- M.E.R.I.T. personnel will coordinate and assist with multi-faceted evaluations provided privately or through local school districts.
- M.E.R.I.T. personnel will attend I.E.P. meetings at public schools.
- M.E.R.I.T. personnel will collaborate with the school nurse regarding medication issues or concerns as necessary.
- The M.E.R.I.T. Program will offer indirect support, direct support, or complete support to each student. Parents will select the option that best meets their child’s needs.