FAQs for International Students
Does Eagle’s Landing Christian Academy accept international students?
- When space is available, Eagle’s Landing Christian Academy (ELCA) does accept international students who meet entrance requirements.
Does Eagle’s Landing Christian Academy issue I-20 documents?
- ELCA has been approved to issue I-20 documents for international students who have been accepted by the Academy and are applying for F-1 visas.
What are the entrance requirements for international students applying to Eagle’s Landing Christian Academy?
To be considered for admission to ELCA, international students must submit the items listed below to the Admissions Office. All documents are to be provided in English or accompanied by English translations:
- New Student Application and the $300.00 application fee
- proof of compliance with all immunizations currently required by the State of Georgia
- a copy of the most recent report card that includes information about the grading scale; it is expected that international applicants to ELCA have grades that are above average
- proof of English proficiency as demonstrated by the student’s performance on the TEOFL
- evidence demonstrating that the student or sponsoring parents have sufficient funds to cover tuition and living expenses during the period of intended study
Applicants will be asked to participate, with their parents/guardian, in an interview with the school principal; this is scheduled prior to starting school. Families may need to provide a translator for their interview appointment.
International applicants must also provide information about the adults with whom they will be living, contact information for those adults, and the address at which they will be living while studying at Eagle’s Landing Christian Academy. The information must include:
- The name(s) of the parent(s) or guardian(s) with whom they will be living in the U.S.
- The address at which they will be living in the U.S.
- U.S. telephone numbers – including home, work, and cell phone numbers – for their parent(s) or guardian(s)
- Email addresses for the parent(s) or guardian(s) with whom they will be living in the U.S.
Does Eagle’s Landing Christian Academy provide special services for students who are learning the English language?
ELCA requires international students to demonstrate their proficiency in English before they can be accepted because we do not have a special program for English Language Learners (ESL).
Does Eagle’s Landing Christian Academy have a dormitory for international students or make arrangements for home stay families to host them?
ELCA does not own a dormitory or make arrangements for home stay families for international students. The Academy prefers to have international students living with one or both of their own parents. If parents of an international student are unable to stay in the United States while their child attends school here, they need to make arrangements for their student to live with a close blood relative or other very trustworthy and dependable person. When parents of an international student make arrangements for their child to live with a guardian, a written Power of Attorney must be provided to that guardian. A copy of the Power of Attorney document must be provided to Eagle’s Landing Christian Academy.
What curriculum does the school use?
The Academy offers a college preparatory program for both average and advanced students. Textbooks are selected from both Christian and secular publishers based upon the excellence and appropriateness of each book. Currently, ELCA offers 10 advanced placement courses, Honors Courses and World Languages (Power Speak). Biblical Worldview is integrated in each subject at ELCA. ELCA is accredited by both the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Georgia Accrediting Commission.
Is bus transportation provided?
ELCA parents or guardians are responsible for transporting their students to and from school; many families establish and participate in carpools. Bus transportation is offered between Conyers and ELCA and may be utilized for an additional fee. See Tuition
What are the hours for the school day?
Students are to be in homeroom by 7:55 a.m. each morning; they are dismissed at 3:15 p.m. Students are not to arrive earlier than 7:00 a.m. and must be picked up by no later than 3:30 p.m., except when they are attending extra-curricular activities under the supervision of designated school personnel.
What is the cost of tuition? Are there other fees?
2017-2018 tuition schedules can be found on our website at Tuition
In addition to tuition, a $300 new student application fee must accompany each student’s application. A $300 re-registration fee is charged annually for each current student who is re-enrolling for the following year.