THE KINGDOM ATHLETE
The Kingdom Athlete is
...a child of God daily surrendered to His will and for His service,
...an athlete who seeks to glorify God through his actions,
...an athlete who adopts the “Win the Day” philosophy in all areas of life,
...an athlete who is humble and grateful for his gifts and opportunities,
...an athlete who is submissive to authority,
...an athlete who has a teachable spirit,
...an athlete who leads by serving others,
...an athlete who strives for victory, gives perfect effort and never quits.
...an athlete who understands he represents more than himself.
...an athlete who is not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ and seeks opportunities to share the good news with teammates, parents, officials, opponents and to the multitude of children that will look to them as they model Christ-like leadership.
TRIPS FOR 2023-2024 COMING SOON
The World Impact Program will soon introduce the proposed trips for 2023-2024. These dates, locations, and pricing are subject to change, though no changes are currently expected. The leadership for each trip will be released late spring or early summer. A deposit of 10% is due at signup and billing for the balance begins June 1. Contact Holly Capp with any questions.
Registration begins in early May for World Impact trips. If a student is interested in traveling, they are encouraged to register on the first day registration opens.
Our registration process is tiered to allow older students an opportunity to travel first. However, their advantage is only for their one hour increment on May 1. For underclassmen, attempting to register before a designated time slot will result in being placed on a waitlist. After successfully reserving a spot, that spot is secured by bringing a cash or check deposit on Monday morning. This money will be paid to Mrs. Capp in the High School Commons Area beginning at 7:00AM. After 3:00PM. any student who has not paid the deposit will be replaced by a student on the waitlist.
Mission trips require a "trip application". These applications are submitted to Mrs. Capp.
Registration will open at 5:00PM for rising seniors, 6:00PM for rising juniors, 7:00PM for rising sophomores, and 8:00PM for rising freshmen, Again, please do not register prior to your designated time.
Things to consider when registering:
1. Deposits are non-refundable
2. Separate deposits are required when registering for more than one trip (e.g. two checks are required if registering for two trips)
3. Trips will likely fill up. A waitlist will be used to fill in spots as able.
4. The Senior Trip to Disney does NOT require a deposit. The account will be billed in 6 installments from June to November.
5. The Israel trip does not travel for another 17 months. However, registration is now to allow more time to pay since the cost is higher. Cancel for any reason insurance serves to protect your investment. This trip does not currently have a capacity limit.
6. Contact Mrs. Holly Capp directly for questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. If a trip is full, then an email will be sent to those registrants on the waitlist identifying them as 'waitlisted'.
8. A background check is required for any person (other than current students) traveling on an overnight trip.
ELCA World Impact extends curriculum beyond the classroom to provide our ELCA families with cultural, educational, and ministerial experiences both locally and around the world.
The purpose for World Impact mission trips is to build true disciples of Jesus Christ and to foster opportunities for these disciples to impact the world with the Gospel. Students are mobilized to go beyond the classroom and the community of McDonough. The endeavors purposefully partner with ministries established in other regions of the country and world.
The purpose for World Impact non-ministerial (academic/adventure) trips is to expose students to educational venues outside of a traditional classroom. Eagle’s Landing Christian Academy is built upon a framework of Kingdom Education and these trips aim to highlight unique parts of the world that God has created for His glory and our enjoyment.
MISSIONS & OUTREACH
ELCA WORLD IMPACT
• ELCA and its travel partners will work diligently to reclaim every dollar in the case of trip cancellations or postponements due to the COVID pandemic. However, committing to travel incurs the risk of lost funds.
• Departure Dates are subject to change based on airfare and availability.
• The deposit and trip authorization form is required at signup. Deposit should be made in cash/check (made payable to ELCA) only. Billing is NOT available for paying the deposit.
• All trips are subject to change. If a minimum number is not met, a trip could be canceled. The deposit would be returned on canceled trips and an attempt will be made to place the student on another trip.
• Space is limited for most trips. Waitlists may exist and names will be added to the roster if we are able to accommodate them.
• Students MUST be enrolled at ELCA for the year in which the trip will take place PRIOR to registering for a trip. A student is NOT allowed to be on a list until after they are enrolled or re-enrolled. Un-enrolled students who sign up will be removed from the trip list. No spot will be held while enrollment is being processed.
We work diligently to be good stewards of all monies donated for World Impact trips. When there are funds remaining from a particular trip, those funds will be placed into the general budget of World Impact to assist with our overall World Impact program. Furthermore, we will be able to return any excess money paid by a parent if the overage was due to non-custodial charitable contributions. More specifically, if a parent pays the amount due, yet charitable contributions make the account exceed the published cost of the trip, then the excess can be reimbursed to the parent. We cannot give the parent more than they paid into the account however. There are two stipulations for reimbursement: the trip has returned from travel and the parent sends a written request to Mrs. Capp for the refund.