TRIPS FOR 2021-2022
Senior Rafting Trip • August 6, 2021
The Wilds Spiritual Emphasis retreat (7th and 8th grades) • September 13-16, 2021
College Exposure trip (HS) • September 18-21, 2021
(Anderson, Clemson, Furman, Wofford, North Greenville, Liberty, Duke, Univ of North Carolina, College of Charleston, Charleston Southern, The Citadel)
Georgia State Fair • 12th Grade • October 13, 2021
Creation and Ark Trip (6th and 7th grades) • October 20-23, 2021
3rd Grade Rock Eagle trip • October 27-28, 2021
Senior Trip • Walt Disney World • January 3-8, 2022
Lodging at Fort Wilderness cabins, 3 days of Disney Hopper Pass, 1 day of Universal/Islands of Adventure
Arizona Mission trip (HS) • February 16-25, 2022
Working on Navajo Indian Reservation, touring Grand Canyon National Park, helping with Send Relief in Las Vegas and their sex-trafficking ministry
Sea Camp (HS) • March 13-16, 2022
Experiential learning in marine biology on Big Pine Key, FL, snorkeling at coral reef, 2 boat trips, sea turtle rehabilitation center, aquatic Theater of the Seas show, sunset on Key West
5th Grade St. Augustine trip • March 16-18, 2022
Alaska Mission trip (HS) • March 31–April 7, 2022
Working at Camp Li-Wa, experience Northern Lights, private flight over Denali (formerly known as Mt. McKinley), hike trail to a crater lake
8th grade Washington DC trip • March 29-April 1, 2022
New Orleans Mission trip (HS) • April 1–6, 2022
Working with Send Relief at New Orleans Baptist Theological Center, touring historic city
MISSIONS & OUTREACH
ELCA WORLD IMPACT
• ELCA and its travel partners will work diligently to reclaim every dollar in the case of trip cancellations or postponements due to the COVID pandemic. However, committing to travel incurs the risk of lost funds.
• Departure Dates are subject to change based on airfare and availability.
• The deposit and trip authorization form is required at signup. Deposit should be made in cash/check (made payable to ELCA) only. Billing is NOT available for paying the deposit.
• All trips are subject to change. If a minimum number is not met, a trip could be canceled. The deposit would be returned on canceled trips and an attempt will be made to place the student on another trip.
• Space is limited for most trips. Waitlists may exist and names will be added to the roster if we are able to accommodate them.
• Students MUST be enrolled at ELCA for the year in which the trip will take place PRIOR to registering for a trip. A student is NOT allowed to be on a list until after they are enrolled or re-enrolled. Un-enrolled students who sign up will be removed from the trip list. No spot will be held while enrollment is being processed.
We work diligently to be good stewards of all monies donated for World Impact trips. When there are funds remaining from a particular trip, those funds will be placed into the general budget of World Impact to assist with our overall World Impact program. Furthermore, we will be able to return any excess money paid by a parent if the overage was due to non-custodial charitable contributions. More specifically, if a parent pays the amount due, yet charitable contributions make the account exceed the published cost of the trip, then the excess can be reimbursed to the parent. We cannot give the parent more than they paid into the account however. There are two stipulations for reimbursement: the trip has returned from travel and the parent sends a written request to Mrs. Capp for the refund.