TRIPS FOR HIGH SCHOOL
For students in 8th and 9th grades - March 30-April 2, 2021, cost is $1250 (excursion cost) + $61.50 (“Cancel For Any Reason” insurance) totaling $1311.50 (Land only fare is $1111.50 which is the price for 9th graders registered for the trip last year thus having an airfare credit), maximum students allowed is 30 but we will have a waitlist and may potentially take more, registration deadline Jan 15, registration link and group expedition # is W247 at https://secureweb.joshuaexpeditions.org/secureacceptance/travelerapp.aspx
Sea Camp (Florida Keys)
High School (science-minded students with approval from Mr. Andy Whitlock) – March 14-17, 2021, cost $1500, maximum student capacity is 10, registration deadline is Jan 15, registration application is attached and to be submitted to Mrs. Capp via email or at school. This trip may have a selection process depending on the demand for spots. Web link for camp is Seacamp.org
Send Relief Mission Trip – Appalachia Mountains, Kentucky
High School - April 5-9, 2021 – estimated cost is $500, maximum student capacity is 22,
deadline for registration is Jan 15, registration link is https://volunteer.sendrelief.org/Projects/692; web link for camp and possible ministries is https://www.sendrelief.org/projects/appalachia-ministry-center/
MISSIONS & OUTREACH
ELCA WORLD IMPACT
• ELCA and its travel partners will work diligently to reclaim every dollar in the case of trip cancellations or postponements due to the COVID pandemic. However, committing to travel incurs the risk of lost funds.
• Departure Dates are subject to change based on airfare and availability.
• The deposit and trip authorization form is required at signup. Deposit should be made in cash/check (made payable to ELCA) only. Billing is NOT available for paying the deposit.
• All trips are subject to change. If a minimum number is not met, a trip could be canceled. The deposit would be returned on canceled trips and an attempt will be made to place the student on another trip.
• Space is limited for most trips. Waitlists may exist and names will be added to the roster if we are able to accommodate them.
• Students MUST be enrolled at ELCA for the year in which the trip will take place PRIOR to registering for a trip. A student is NOT allowed to be on a list until after they are enrolled or re-enrolled. Un-enrolled students who sign up will be removed from the trip list. No spot will be held while enrollment is being processed.
We work diligently to be good stewards of all monies donated for World Impact trips. When there are funds remaining from a particular trip, those funds will be placed into the general budget of World Impact to assist with our overall World Impact program. Furthermore, we will be able to return any excess money paid by a parent if the overage was due to non-custodial charitable contributions. More specifically, if a parent pays the amount due, yet charitable contributions make the account exceed the published cost of the trip, then the excess can be reimbursed to the parent. We cannot give the parent more than they paid into the account however. There are two stipulations for reimbursement: the trip has returned from travel and the parent sends a written request to Mrs. Capp for the refund.